Organization Change Applicants
Those who change to work for a different organization and must apply for a media visa, work permit and press card with the corresponding information.
Log in to the MMOS account and complete an application form for “Organization Change Application”. The applicant has to submit a letter of employment cancellation from his/her previous organization and an assignment letter from the new organization.
Employment verification and interview. The Department of Information will coordinate with the Royal Thai Embassy/Royal Consulate-General where the headquarters of the applicant’s new organization locate to verify the applicant’s employment. The applicant will also be contacted to schedule his/ her interview if deemed necessary.
Application in consideration. The Department of Information will determine each application based on the information submitted as well as the interview in accordance with the Guidelines of Issuing Non-immigrant Visa Category “M”. The applicant will be notified of the decision through the MMOS system and his/her designated email.
If the applicant’s media visa has not expired, skip to Step 5
Obtaining the media visa. Upon the approval of the application, the applicant will be given a reference number to be used when applying for a new media visa under the new organization at the designated Royal Thai Embassy/Royal Thai Consulate-General. Upon entry into Thailand using the media visa, the applicant will have to log in to his/her MMOS account and upload the clearly scanned copy of his/her media visa and entry stamp from the Immigration Bureau.
Obtaining the accreditation letters. Three accreditation letters will be issued to the applicant so he/she can obtain the necessary documents from the relevant agencies. The applicants will be notified through the MMOS system and his/her designated email when these letters are ready for pick up at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Sri Ayudhya Road.
Obtaining the documents required for working in Thailand. Upon receiving the three accreditation letters, the applicant will have to contact the relevant agencies to obtain the extension of visa and period of stay as well as work permit and press card with the corresponding information about his/her current organization.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport (with at least 6 months validity).
- A copy of the extension of visa issued by the Immigration Bureau.
- The applicant’s work permit.
- The applicant’s Press Card (if applicable).
- A letter of reference/assignment letter from the headquarters of the organization the applicant will work for, addressed to the “Director-General of the Department of Information, Ministry of Foreign Affairs” and confirming the appointment and job title of the applicant.
- A letter of employment cancellation from the headquarters of the organization the applicant previously worked for.
- Profile of the applicant.
- Profile of the organization the applicant will work for, including but not limited to its background, scope of work, circulation and names of related publications (if available)
- The applicant’s criminal record, issued by the country of which the applicant is a national or by the country of residence (if applicable).
- A copy of the applicant’s work during the year prior to the date of application, including work on Thailand. 1
- Evidence of the applicant’s income and tax payment in Thailand if the applicant has had any taxable / assessable income.
Note 1 Renewal applicants are required to supply articles/reports that they have produced in the past year that relate to Thailand and/or countries in the region they had been assigned to cover under their contract. At least five samples are required, though more may be requested on a case-by-case basis when deemed necessary.
For new application and organization change application, the process takes approximately one to two months. It is advisable that applicants for these two categories submit their application as early as possible.